Friday, May 25, 2012

DIY: Studded White Shorts

Hiya lovelies,

Today I have another little DIY post for you. How many of you have been craving for studded shorts this Spring? I know I have. And I found the perfect-looking pair from Gina Tricot, but paying 40 euros for a pair every other girl on the street will wear wasn't really an option for me. So, what's a girl to do?

Make her own, kinda unique pair, of course. ;)

White Studded Shorts


You'll need:
A pair of white jeans (or shorts)
Scissors
Studs
Tweezers
(Sandpaper and/or crafting knife - anything that can be used for "destroying") 

Photobucket

Start off by cutting the jeans short. You can (and should) figure out the perfect length by putting them on and drawing a line to where you want to cut it off.

Photobucket

Look at the fun little detail the back pockets have! So cute! :)

Photobucket

Time to start the detailing. I started off with cuts and holes and whatever, but you can start from the studs if you like that better.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I created one slightly more clear and bigger cut than the others, as I needed that for a detail. Others are just "worn out" looking.

Photobucket

Add the studs the way you see fit...

Photobucket

...I made a pattern that looks like this.

Photobucket

And this is what the bigger slit is for. Cut a piece from the leftover fabric, that's slightly bigger than the slit you made. Then, add some studs to it the way you like. (I mimicked the design of the Gina Tricot shorts)

Photobucket

Pin it on it's place, and sew.

Photobucket

It should look like this. 

Now, just make the finishing touches to the legs (I worn mine out with the help of tweezers).

Photobucket

In the end, your creation could look something like this. I'm eager to get on wearing them. ;)

I'm actually upgrading another pair as we speak, don't know if I'm posting them here much, but I think I can at least show a picture on the next post. ;) 

Stay creative!

xoxo 

Johanna

12 comments:

  1. Johanna thats a fantastic DIY project!!!
    Amazingly talented :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!
    agoratopronta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love very much your blog, your diy, everything!
    I am your follower n.5
    Please follow me back
    Kisses from spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I will return the favor :)

      Delete
  4. so cool! I made something like that as well, but without the studds :)
    xxx margot

    ReplyDelete

  5. Very pretty and classy, love the look :)
    I follow you now!
    Follow me back on facebook ,twitter,and GFC
    love you dear :)

    Marcchanelette.blogspot.com
    Marcchanel'ette

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool and cute!!!
    I want to try, but I can't make well like you...
    You are great!

    akiko
    http://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would manage, it's easy! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment for me. I always read every single one of them, and appreciate all them equally, even though I might not answer to every one individually. :) Your lovely comments always make my day, and I love to hear what you're thinking. I try to have the time to check out your blogs, and maybe comment back. :)

You can comment in following languages (as these are the ones I understand):
English, Swedish, Finnish, Spanish, German

xoxo ♥